Sunday, December 20, 2009

Fantasy Football Champ!

Well, I did it.

I managed to not watch a single minute of NFL football, and still beat 7 others in fantasy football. While I chalk this up to beginner's luck (I didn't draft, the computer did), it's still thrilling to win. And as much as I hate to admit it, I did check progress of the final game of the night (Minnesota @ Carolina) to watch if the last player in the match-up (Adrian Peterson, RB, Minn.) could garner the 11+ points I needed him to win championship. And I was pretty nervous, as moments before FOX Sports updated me that Mr. Peterson had just caught a 63-yard pass, I typed, "so what did MIN do, pull their starters? all I need is for AP to get 8 yards," for all the league to see. The best part is I can laugh about it.

I owe thanks to James, Robel, and Colin, fellow alumni of Vanderbilt, for being in the league that kept me attached to America's favorite sport (baseball is still my past-time). Special thanks goes out to Robel for inspiring my team identity ("Robel = Detroit Lions of 2k9").

No comments:

Post a Comment