Sunday, December 13, 2009

Fantasy Football

I got an email from a friend and former roommate in August asking if I'd be interested in fantasy football. While I love college football, the NFL has never been something that has interested me- there is way too much emphasis put onto it when there are so many other sporting events going on in the fall (like cross country!) Never the less, I joined, thinking it would be a good way to stay connected to James, Colin, and Robel while I spent a year abroad. I am happy to say, that today I am entering the playoffs as a number 1 seed, 4 games ahead of 2nd place, with an 11-2 record. This is completely unexpected, not just because I could care less about the NFL, but because I have seen a total of 35 minutes of football this year (split between 2 college football games) and 0 minutes of NFL. I've been away from all the ESPN Sports Center analysis; Fox, CBS, and NBC broadcasts; and newspapers which cover "American football".

With the playoffs starting, there is renewed pressure to figure out who to play. Luckily I found the the website helps with this (that could have been helpful in the previous 13 weeks), and I hope to make it to the championship game next week. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Ecuador is such a diverse and peaceful country. The weather, the colonial cities and the people are just fantastic. Nothing compares to the landscapes of the Highlands, the lush of the Amazon Rainforest, the exotic Beaches of the Coast and the mystery of the Galapagos Islands.

    ReplyDelete